Sunday, October 19, 2008

About me

Some might say it's along the lines of being an "acquired taste." Others might more correctly classify it as, "the asshole some people are willing to tolerate." Most likely, I am just inimitable, like many others. But I'll do the best I can to describe myself with words. 

I'd say that I am an eclectic amalgamation of many seemingly paradoxical things. This can be exemplified in both my seemingly endless persistence on many topics and arguments, as well as my careful cautiousness on other topics and arguments. This is largely due to how astute I am of the topic: more knowledge, more persistent; less knowledge, obviously more cautious. I also have times of obsessive compulsions regarding certain things (mostly just my books, however). 

Many could qualify my way of talking and thinking about things as prosaic, pithy, or terse. This is both a combination of my feelings that if you're going to say something, say it plainly, simply, and honestly and to not just over-flower everything without really saying anything. It can of course come off sometimes as being angered, mean-spirited, callous, or me just being a malcontent or even a misanthrope. I do try to limit those reactions as much as possible. I just follow the feeling that if I am asked my opinion on something, people will be able to handle hearing it since they are asking me after all. I am not a misanthrope, at least not totally. Just that some people, while I'm sure they live lovely lives and probably have great characteristics, I just cannot tolerate. 

I know that I am quite a smart person on most things, and also am exceedingly imaginative. I do feel that I am funny, though surely not everyone is funny all the time. My humor would probably best be labeled very wry and sarcastic, though it is quite fun to just plain laugh at the silliness of things lots of times. 

I am a radical atheist. I don't say that to mean that I am trying to subjugate all religions of the world (though I do think it would be a good start, I'm not actively doing it). I simply say this underscore that when I say I am an atheist, I mean just that: I am an atheist. I'm not an agnostic. I'm not a disgruntled Hindu. I'm an atheist. Or I guess a bright. Because of my rejection of religion, I tend to treat many things with what people might call an irreverent perspective. This just by extension can very easily carry over into other areas of life -- notably politics -- making me into quite the active cynic. And while I am new to politics, and growing more engaged into it as time goes on, I already know that I am almost surely a liberal (as in progressive -- as in Democrat). 

And I feel that I am largely incorrigible in my ways

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well.. aah!!!!!!! it was some what .. some sort of different kind of expressing oneself.. i pretty liked it.. but to be true... i m so sorry to say this... but either my vocabulary if highly low or urs is very strong.. had taken help of a dictionary to understand each single bit of ur line... but it was good

Shwetank Agarwal said...

haaaa!!! goodday!!!